Sunday, October 7, 2012

we bought lots of apples.



Whenever General Conference weekend rolls around, I get pretty excited, because that means homemade apple dumplings with my whole family. But since I spend this Conference weekend with the Swensons, we didn't make any. I still wanted to make a treat that included apples, so yesterday afternoon, Zac and I headed over to the Farmer's Market to buy lots of apples.

While walking through the aisles of booths, we saw so much fall produce, including bell peppers, the biggest onions we've ever seen, gourds, and pumpkins! And let me tell you, I wanted to buy about ten pumpkins right then and there, but held myself back, so we could pick out our pumpkins in a pumpkin patch the next week.

We bought a whole back full of Eliot apples, which apparently only grow in a Utah, from a lady from Springville.

Oh, and the best part about that whole trip is that it smelt like a pumpkin with a candle inside--you know, the way it smells on Halloween night. It put a smile right on my face in a second.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment