Monday, October 8, 2012

a day at the cabin.



When we pulled up to the cabin yesterday morning, the first session of General Conference was just ending. We walked in, and I headed straight for the back door to stand in the warm sunlight while my father-in-law got the fire started. 

I made homemade cinnamon caramel that we brought up with the apples we got at the Farmer's Market, and we all dug in while my mother-in-law put the chili on the stove. 

After lunch, the second session of General Conference was starting, so we all gathered around the TV (I got the best spot in the house--right by the old fire place) and listened to the prophet's voice! It was so, so good.

We spent the rest of the afternoon riding the Polaris down to the stream, where we took lots of pretty pictures of the mountains, and roasting marshmallows over the smoky fire with the rest of the family. Zac made me a s'more (probably the last one of the year), and I was in heaven.

A couple of hours before it started to get dark, we packed everything up and started the long drive home. This was my first time up at the cabin in the fall time, and it was stunning. What a way to spend Conference weekend! I'm already looking forward to going back with my sweetie. :)

...

No comments:

Post a Comment