Wednesday, November 23, 2011

October and November

The last couple of months have flashed before our eyes. So, without any more delay, here's what we've been up to.

The first weekend of October was General Conference. Zac and I wanted to go up to Salt Lake City and listen to it in the Conference Center, but we had no way of getting tickets, so we drove up to my parents' house on Sunday morning to watch with my whole family. A tradition us Barlockers have every General Conference Sunday is to make apple dumplings together in between sessions--the kind my Grandma Deenie used to make. We usually end up using a turkey baster to squirt refreshing ice water in each others' mouths, though. Thank you, Matt, for starting that trend.



On October 22nd, my best friend, Emily, was in town. We met halfway in American Fork and took pictures of each other there. We also went to the American Fork DI where Emily bought some belts, and I bought the cutest little baby sweater I've ever seen. I don't care if I'm not going to have kids for a few years. We're both pretty awkward-looking in front of the camera, but aren't these pictures cool beans?



In the middle of November, we got to go up to Park City for a couple of nights with Zac's family. There, we relaxed in one of the many hot tubs of the Marriott Mountainside Resort, went Christmas shopping at the Outlets (where I got two gorgeous coats for $65 total) and sat in the hotel room and spent time with family. It was fantastic to get away for a weekend. It kind of makes me want to plan a road trip. In the summer of course. I'd be crazy to want to drive all day in the ice and snow.



That's the gist of what Zac and I have been up to the last couple of months. Well, that's all we have pictures of. I used to be so good at carrying my camera around everywhere I went. Now I don't. That's my new goal. I need more pictures of my new marriage.

Tonight Zac and I are at my parents' house. We are spending Thanksgiving with them this year. I'm excited for family and food. I'm excited for everything about tomorrow. I love the holidays. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment