Wednesday, October 24, 2012

the first signs of winter.


via.

Early this morning, after Zac left for work, I stepped outside and locked the door. When I turned around, I saw tiny little snow flakes in the air, slowly making their way to the ground, where they instantly melted. It was magical! When I got to my car, a pile of those little snowflakes found a spot on my windsheild, and it made me so, so happy.

I drove to work this morning in the falling snow, that eventually turned into rain, because it wasn't cold enough. I didn't even mind the cold air from the vents blowing on my face and ears. The first signs of winter are making their way to Utah, and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Last year, if you remember, we didn't get much snow. And on Christmas day, the only day that snow is mandatory, it was dry. And that kind of put me in a downer mood all winter, especially since my Grandpa Earl passed away three days after Christmas. So this year I am hoping for lots and lots and lots of snow; maybe even a blizzard!

It's a good thing I broke out the Christmas records weeks ago.

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

...

1 comment:

  1. It snowed for the first time in my town too. It was so magical!

    ReplyDelete