Monday, December 17, 2012

snow at temple square.



When I was probably about 10 or 11 years old, me and my two younger sisters, Rachel and Sara, who were about 9 and 7 at the time, were really into baby dolls, and bringing them everywhere (well, mostly me, I guess). 

One winter night, my parents had planned to take up to Temple Square to see the lights as a family. Of course, Rachel, Sara, and I wanted to bring our dolls. We asked my dad to get the strollers down from the attic for us. He brought down one, and then two, for Sara and me. That was all we had. 

Rachel still wanted a stoller for her doll, so my dad went back up to the attic and looked everywhere for something that resembled a stroller. After a few minutes, he came down with a plastic pink carriage, made for the tiniest of dolls, and the tiniest of little girls. Rachel took it.

We walked all over Temple Square that night, laughing at Rachel who was hunched over, pushing her tiny, plastic carriage with her doll inside. She was as happy as could be. I'm sure my dad was completely embarrassed.

On Saturday night, Zac and I made the hour-long drive up to Temple Square to see those lights again. It's an old Christmas tradition, and that whole block is magical. We love to see the temple we were married in, and remembered little snippets from our wedding day as we walked around there, while the snow fell on our matching fur-trimmed hats.

It was wonderful.

...

1 comment:

  1. It is so beautiful there! LOVE the photos! Glad you had fun!
    jennybodell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete