Monday, November 4, 2013

to wichita she goes.



My baby sister, Sara, left for her mission last Wednesday. She'll serve in Wichita, Kansas: land of the corn (as she says, with a half disappointed tone to her voice), and I'm so excited for her!

Last Monday, my whole family went out to eat at a "fancy buffet" (note: no buffets are fancy) in downtown Salt Lake City called The Roof Restaurant. My family took up an entire room, and the conversation was quite loud and interesting, like most Barlocker family dinners are.

Sara and I said goodbye after my mom drove us back to our cars that were parked at the McDonald's off Bangerter. We hugged in the parking lot, and it was kind of sad, but I'm so happy she's doing this. What a strong girl!

I'll miss that little baby sister of mine. 



...

No comments:

Post a Comment