Saturday, November 9, 2013

40 weeks.



We made it! 40 weeks today, and I'm feeling pretty good. I know a lot of women don't make it this far, and today I'm feeling grateful that I did, and that I've got a healthy babe inside getting stronger and stronger! But with that being said, any day now, baby Swenson. Really, any day.

Last night I was talking to Zac, and telling him how hungry I was after just having eaten a meal at Chick-Fil-A an hour earlier. I told him that I've been starving more frequently lately (if that were possible), and he said, "Maybe you dropped and there's more room in your stomach now." Then I realized that I haven't had acid reflux as bad as before lately, and I felt like an idiot because my husband was more in tune with my pregnancy than I was. So I dropped sometime in the last week or so. I definitely couldn't tell you when it was, only that it's happened. :)

I've taken to walking the mall these last few days I've been off work, trying to get things moving. No signs yet, but I did notice that there are a few elderly couples who also walk the mall the same time I do. My people! I've also been keeping busy cleaning our apartment, because so help me if we come home from the hospital to a messy house.

I've noticed that I've been drooling a lot the past couple of weeks while sleeping. I'm usually a drooler, so it's nothing new, but the amount of drool on my pillow when I wake up is shocking. We're talking a whole puddle. So there's that. That's definitely the weirdest late-pregnancy symptom I've had. I've also had a runny nose for a few weeks, too. 

I feel ready. I'm ready to meet my little babe and hold it and snuggle it. Ready to wear my old clothes again (I know, I still have a few weeks/months until I can. Don't remind me), and to sleep on my stomach, but especially ready to be a mama. :)

...

1 comment: