Thursday, October 3, 2013

we've been eating like kings lately.



Last weekend Zac took me on a fancy date to Goodwood, since we haven't been to a sit-down restaurant by ourselves for months and months. We don't eat out too often, and when we do, we go to places like Cafe Rio and Noodles and Co., because I hate paying tips. But since we hadn't been on a date for a while, and because we had no food in our house (we hadn't been grocery shopping for something like 4 weeks), we decided to treat ourselves to some good BBQ (ribs and chicken crispers!) and talk, because our baby is coming soon, and simple things like date nights will be so hard when it does.

Monday was a hard one for us, so after work, we drove up State Street to The Purple Turtle and ordered an entire tray of burgers, fries and tater tots, and a couple of drinks for dinner. It. was. so. much. food. But those tater tots have my heart, and I'll be back just for those. We laughed at the funny paintings of turtles on the wall, and ate until Zac had to practically lift me into and out of the car. It was a funny sight. This belly of mine is getting huge. It was the perfect way to cheer the both of us up.

The next day, on October 1st, to kick off my favorite season and favorite month, we had Erica and Wes over for some apple slices with homemade caramel sauce, pumpkin donuts, and apple cider. Zac had the genius idea of dipping his donut into the caramel sauce, and if that isn't my new favorite autumn treat, I don't know what is! Cripes, that was delicious! After our feast of desserts, we watched The Legend of Sleepy Hollow with Ichabod Crane. I like that movie. That Ichabod is a funny guy with a funny nose. I think we'll start doing this every October 1st.

And now that it's October, I can finally say that my baby will be born next month! And that just makes my head spin.

...

1 comment:

  1. Orem Goodwood is practically the best one around.

    And those pumpkin donuts look DELISH!

    ReplyDelete