Saturday, October 12, 2013

36 weeks.



We can mark this week as the week I suddenly became really uncomfortable and swollen. I have to waddle almost every time I walk, and I get so out of breath just walking around the store. My ankles and fingers are swollen (I was afraid my wedding ring would be stuck on my finger forever tonight), and bending over is a huge chore. But really, what can you expect this far along? I'm so glad I made it this far without too much distress!

Everything feels like it's finally coming together. The nursery is this close to being finished, we've got the pack 'n' play set up (although we don't have the car seat installed yet... that's on tomorrow's to do list), and my mom and I spent the good part of the day today sewing things for the nursery (I decided to make my own crib sheets and changing pad covers, because $55 for one crib sheet?!). Not to mention that my hospital bag is almost completely packed. We're just waiting for a few things to come in the mail. We're getting stuff done, and it makes this whole "We're going to have a baby in 4 weeks" thing seem more real.

As for the baby, I think it's ready to come out. Lately it loves to stretch its arms and legs, as I get little pokes and jabs through my belly. It's getting so big; it's somewhere around 5 1/2 pounds now, and 18 1/2 inches long. I'm getting so excited to see what it looks like, and honestly, I'm excited to stay up all night with it (I may regret saying that in a few weeks) and cuddle it.

I've made a mental list of things I'm excited for after the baby is born, and it includes: exercising, using my stomach muscles, sucking in (ha!), sleeping on my stomach, doing belly flops onto the bed, popping my own back, having a flat stomach, wearing my old clothes, and having normal posture again (I found out last week while getting maternity pictures taken that I stick my pelvis out).

I have a guess at what sex Baby Swenson is, but I'd love to know what you guys think! Over on my side bar, go vote and tell me what sex you think Baby Swenson is. I'm curious to see what you think. :)
>>>>>>

...

No comments:

Post a Comment