Friday, October 4, 2013

snow in october.



When Zac and I woke up this morning, he peeked out of our bedroom blinds and said, "It snowed!" Our neighbors rooftops were frosted white and it was chilly getting out of bed. And when I finally got out the door for work, this is what I saw. The first snowfall of winter 2013! So I bundled up in a big, poofy scarf and 3 layers on top, and had to brush it off of my car before leaving.

A part of me didn't like it. Fall just came a couple of weeks ago, and it's only October! We still need to go buy pumpkins, dang it! Half of the trees here are still green, and we're going to a corn maze next week! But a small part of me kind of likes it, because snow means Christmas and hot cocoa and scarves and boots and Christmas records and cinnamon almonds and pretty lights on houses and trees. And that is my favorite, because there's something wonderful in the air. But I'd be okay if fall stayed around for another month or two.

Tonight we're going on a big shopping trip to get things we still need for the baby, my hospital bag, and freezer meals (that I still haven't started on). I think we'll catch a quick dinner somewhere and call it a date, because it is Friday! Our car seat was delivered a few days ago, and we have to install it soon. I'm waiting until we can clean out the car, though, because I like things to be clean. And I think I'll make cookies too, if I can find time tonight. I've been wanting some chewy ginger cookies or some chai spice cookies with pumpkin kisses. Maybe I can pull off making both. That would be ideal.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment