Thursday, October 10, 2013

the corn maze.



Last night, after getting some Chinese food at Panda Express I'd been craving all day, we went up to Cornbelly's with Erica and Wes for some corn maze fun! We started the corn maze and kept going around in circles, but eventually we got pretty lost, and climbed atop two lookout points! All the while, we laughed at the corn puns they had displayed, like "Don't get corn-fused!" 

We also played on some tire swings and the giant rocking chair (well, everyone but me... I'm getting more and more immobile), looked at the amazingly-carved pumpkins and watched a light show, smelt all of the delicious fried foods (Zac is dying to try a deep-fried snickers... one day...), and even played some tether ball, where Zac hit me right in the face with the ball. I ended up laughing my head off about that, and gave him a hard time the whole night.

I was so glad I put on layers, because it was so cold and windy. And with 5 layers of tops, 2 layers of pants, 2 pairs of socks under my rain boots, a hat, and some gloves, and slight waddling through the corn maze on top of that, it was pretty hilarious. I kept squeezing Zac's hand throughout the night to let him know to slow down. I don't walk so fast these days.

I'm so excited that fall is here! It's my favorite season, and I'm loving wearing boots and scarves every day. The leaves around our home are turning bright yellow and are scattering the roads, and I love it. I just want to drink hot chocolate and make cinnamon rolls and soup every day for the next few months. That would just be okay.

...

2 comments:

  1. We're going to Cornbelly's tomorrow! Hopefully the weather is ok. Looks like a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO much fun! Here's a tip: dress WARM and then put on another coat. It was freeeezing. :)

      Delete