Wednesday, August 28, 2013

back in march.



Back in March, just a week or two after we found out I was pregnant, Zac and I took a walk, got a frosty from Wendy's for me, and an ice cream cone from Arctic Circle for him, and sat down in the grass facing State Street and just talked. It had been cold all month, but that afternoon, the sun was out and it was unusually warm! And we had a secret that no one else knew at that point: we were going to have a baby! We were going to be parents! "Just eight more months until this baby comes, Zac!" 

That day was so good, and I wanted to take a picture of our excitement on that day. The lighting gave us this little gem, and we liked it, so we didn't try for another one.

"Just eight more months." I remember saying that back in March. And now there's just two and a half months, and my belly is huge, and that baby that didn't even tip the scales back then moves and kicks all day long now. I cannot wait to see its little face, and say, "It's you! I know you, and you're here!"

...




No comments:

Post a Comment