Saturday, August 10, 2013

27 weeks.



We've got exactly one day less than 3 months to go until this baby's due date! I can't believe it's gone be so quickly, but at the same time, I want it to be here now! Zac and I have been talking about what it will be like when I actually give birth, and when the baby is finally here. He asks me if I'm nervous, and I say, "Nope! Just excited!" I have felt absolutely no nervousness about giving birth to this baby. Maybe it'll change when I'm further along, but I don't think so. I think a big part of that is because I've done my research (and a lot of it) about labor and childbirth and hospital procedures and things that could go wrong and things that happen postpartum. I feel like I've done pretty well at educating myself about everything that will and may happen (and I still have lots to read up on before the baby gets here), and I feel prepared. If you do one thing while pregnant, I highly recommend reading anything and everything you can get your hands on that has anything to do with childbirth. 

This week has been so much fun, because I have started to feel kicks and jabs in two places now: on my right side where the baby's feet are, and on my left side where its little bum is. You can feel it stretch its legs, and that will make its backside push up against the other side. And when it does this, its bum will make a big bump on my belly, and we'll poke it, and it'll poke back, and ohmygosh I'm so in love!

I am craving root beer all the time, and carbs too (surprise), and now I'm starting to really want pumpkin-flavored anything (kind of like that one time I was craving pumpkin ice cream back in May and NO ONE had it because, well, it was May). Thankfully Fall is just around the corner, and I'm so excited for it to come! As much as I'm craving root beer and pumpkin, I still have no desire to eat produce. But oddly enough, smoothies sound really good to me, so I'm going to start drinking green smoothies in the morning like I used to.

So far I'm up about 20 pounds (and I still fit in the dress I wore at our engagement pictures! ...but only because I weigh the same now that I did back then), and the baby is just over 2 pounds, and a little more than 14 inches long! How did it get so big?! Lately I've been so out of breath, even with light walking. I'm not sure if the baby is up in my lung space, or if I'm out of shape. Probably a little of both. :) Also, lately I've had a little bit of a sore throat and that stuffy nose I had in my first trimester is coming back. My back, hips, and legs get sore occasionally, and headaches! I had two bloody noses yesterday, too (the last time I got a bloody nose was at 16 weeks, and I got two then, too). But being pregnant is so awesome, and those little kicks alone make everything worth it.

...

1 comment: