Sunday, January 6, 2013

a is for art, asian food, & a walk to remember.

Since the new year, we've decided to go on ABC dates each week. If you don't know what ABC dates are, here's how it works:

Each week, you go on a date, and plan the date around a letter. Since we're just starting, we chose the letter A. All activities, food, etc. need to start with the letter A.

Last night, we started our date by being Artistic! We bought art supplies last fall (drawing supplies for Zac, watercolor supplies for me), and never got around to using them. We pulled them out last night, and made art! It was the first time I've painted in 9 years, since my mom taught me how in an art class she taught. It felt amazing.



As my painting was drying, we went out for Asian food! There's a little Chinese restaurant called Great China that's walking distance from our apartment that we've been wanting to try since we moved in back in April, so we went there. (But we didn't walk, because the temperature was in the negatives, and has been for quite some time! Brrrrrr.) We ate Chicken Lo Mein and Sweet and Sour Pork and talked for a little while.



When we got home, we had planned to bake an apple pie (since the one we made on Thanksgiving was so good), but we were too full of Asian food to even think about baking a pie, so we watched A Walk to Remember instead (note that it does, in fact, start with an A!). I cried. And I was puzzled, because the last time I watched that, I thought Landen Carter was a hunk, but now he just looks like a little boy to me.

I'd say our first ABC date was a success! And Zac planned it out all by himself. What a man!

...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds super fun! Might have to try out the whole ABC date thing! Such a good idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes coming up with date ideas SO much easier! I love it!

      Delete
    2. B can be "babysitter" . "B"ring the "b"oys to "B"rads house!!!!!

      Delete