Friday, November 23, 2012

turkey day.



Thanksgiving this year was exceptional. We woke up early and met my family at IHOP for breakfast. I made sure to get the lightest thing on the menu (a vegetable omelet) and drink lots of water beforehand, so I would have enough room for dinner that night. My family is the greatest. We talked about Jake using his megaphone for lousy drivers, and my dad stole my phone when we were leaving the restaurant (I almost had a heart attack). 

After breakfast, we drove over to the movie theater at the District to see Skyfall. It was pretty good, and now I want to live in London, because everyone is so classy there.

We made the long drive home (I was asleep for most of it), and started dinner right away. A Thanksgiving feast for two! I think our menu was fantastic. We had Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Honey Butter Rolls with Ginger-Orange Cranberry Sauce, some sides of corn, and leafy greens with raspberry walnut vinaigrette, and for dessert, Gingery Apple Crumb Pie with vanilla bean ice cream. Imagine my surprise when every single thing turned out divine. The turkey was perfectly juicy, and the rolls! I highly recommend these rolls--they were my favorite dish. And I didn't gain a pound. In fact, I woke up starving this morning. It was a Thanksgiving miracle!

We ended the night by watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving together in our pajamas on the couch, and falling asleep two seconds after it ended. 

This morning, we slept in, and had leftovers for breakfast. Today we're planning on getting the leftover Black Friday deals (like we did last year), and decorating our Christmas tree.

Happy Holidays!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment