Thursday, January 3, 2013

new year's resolutions.


via.
 
When I was thinking of some New Year's Resolutions I wanted to keep, I kept going back and forth from I just want one, maybe two, so I will actually keep it to I have way too many things that I want to do.
 
Then I saw the idea of setting 52 goals to complete within 52 weeks--a whole year. And then I thought, Oh yeah! I have an entire year to get things done!
 
So I'm running with the 52 things idea, because I love making and keeping goals, and some thing really need to change around here. And it'll be so nice to look back a year from now and see most, if not all, of these things completed.
 
And I'm sorry this list is so long.

52 things in 52 weeks:

  1. Go on a road trip together
  2. Have family pictures taken
  3. Read 12 books
  4. Visit the zoo
  5. Take at least 1 picture a day
  6. Visit a city we've never been to before
  7. Throw 6 parties
  8. Decorate each room in my apartment
  9. Perfect our pizza recipe
  10. Make a Brazilian dinner
  11. Spend a day canning with my mom
  12. Get out of the house everyday for 3 months (after work)
  13. Get crafty and make something each month
  14. Learn to watercolor, and paint something to hang up in the apartment
  15. Learn to sew, and make an article of clothing to wear
  16. Learn HTML
  17. Learn how to use photoshop, and take a levitation photo
  18. Wear at least one piece of jewelry everyday for 6 months
  19. Stop biting my nails
  20. Take a day trip and visit a far away friend
  21. Learn to laugh at things that upset me
  22. Decorate for holidays
  23. Buy a car
  24. Go to a concert together
  25. Knit a scarf
  26. Only eat one dessert each week for 6 months
  27. Only drink 3 pops this whole year
  28. Try 50 new recipes
  29. Run a mile without stopping (I'm a terrible runner)
  30. Go on 3 different hikes this summer
  31. Eat vegan for one week
  32. Buy a juicer, and drink only juice for 3 days straight
  33. Give up desserts for one month
  34. Learn to make an entire meal from scratch
  35. Work out 5 days a week for one month
  36. Do yoga 3-5 days a week for 3 months 
  37. Learn to cook with natural and whole foods, and replace ingredients in my pantry
  38. Don't eat out for one month
  39. Buy a bike and ride it at least once a week in the summer
  40. Make 72-hour kits for our cars
  41. Donate blood
  42. Organize every nook and cranny in the apartment
  43. Compile 3 months worth of food storage
  44. Get rid of things we don't need at the end of each month
  45. Stick to a strict budget for 3 months
  46. Go to the temple once a month for the entire year
  47. Have family home evening each week for 6 months
  48. Serve someone every week for 6 months
  49. Have personal scripture study everyday for one month
  50. Count my blessings everyday for 3 months
  51. Visit my grandparents and listen to their stories
  52. Let people know I love them more often
 
Lately, this quote from Thomas S. Monson has been playing through my head a lot, and I want it to be my motto for this next year. It's simple and beautiful and powerful, and I think the world would be a better place if people did this.
 
"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved."
 
Isn't the prophet of my church just the greatest?! Plus, he's a cute old man.
 



Here's to 2013!

...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment