Tuesday, December 31, 2013

a year ago today.



Photo taken when Franz was just a few days old.

A year ago today, I never would've imagined, in my craziest, wildest dreams, that in a year, I would be sitting here, nursing my sweet baby boy who turns 7 weeks old tomorrow.

A year ago, I was 22 years old, married for a year and a half, and really only had one New Years resolution: to get pregnant. I didn't even mind if the baby didn't come that next year (and definitely didn't think it would), just as long as it was on its way.

Now today, the very last day of 2013, I can call myself a mother. I can look down and see that cute little babe who stretches his hand up and rests it on my chest when he eats, who gets excited when I pick him up for the first time after his nap, and who gives the biggest smiles when I talk to him while changing his diaper.

This is better than I could've imagined a year ago, and I'm feeling pretty grateful today to be this little boy's mama.

Happy new year!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment