Monday, September 9, 2013

over the weekend.



Over the weekend, we had a few friends over for a pie party, something we started four years ago, except for at the very first pie party, there was vegetarian pizza (which started my obsession with meatless pizza) in addition to all the pies, and Dream Phone. I took a few pictures to begin with, and then got caught up in all the pie-eating, board-game-playing, youtube-video-watching madness, I completely forgot about my camera after about 20 minutes. But believe you me, there was fun to be had, and the pies (apple, chocolate, key lime, and Reese's pudding) were SO good!

Earlier that day, a huge storm hit Utah County while I was baking pies at home and waiting for Zac to get home from his study group. A thick, dark cloud that was the span of the whole sky moved from the west and covered Orem in about 2 or 3 minutes flat, and brought pounding rain, flash flood warnings, and such strong wind with it. Luckily, Zac got home a few minutes later, and I had him safe with me at home. We watched from our windows as tree branches blew up and down and side to side like a mad man, and saw something that looked like the start of a tornado a few miles away. In the back of my mind, I was putting together my escape plan: where I would go, what I would bring with me. I really thought a tornado was coming, guys. And from our second-story windows leaking from that pounding rain, to the power going out in the middle of the day that made it look like nighttime (because remember the big, dark cloud?), it was quite the afternoon. But there were funny things that came from it, like how the power went out just when there was one minute left on our pizza cooking in the oven, and how it came back on the minute we dialed up the power company. 

And let's not forget about my cooking/baking spree I had on Sunday, when I made pumpkin cookies, slow cooker beef stew, and homemade bread (not to mention the apple and chocolate pies I made the day earlier). I was on to something this weekend. And it felt good. I love to make food, almost as much as I love eating it. 

And now it's Monday. Happy Monday!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment