Friday, September 20, 2013

little peeks of autumn this week.



This week has been a crazy one. On Monday, it felt like it should be Friday, and on Wednesday, I actually thought it was Friday, and I took a sick day on Tuesday, which completely threw my whole week off. I feel like this week my pregnancy brain has taken full effect, because I lose my thoughts more often than not. And now I'm wondering when this nesting thing is going to start (I had it for a short time a few weeks ago, but it's long gone now), because I had to force myself to clean out just about every nook and cranny of my apartment this week to get things organized for when the baby comes.

And now it's dark when we wake up for work in the morning, and the temperatures in the mornings have been as low as 45 degrees! Hello, fall! It's so nice to see you! And the leaves around here are just barely starting to change colors and fall off their trees, and my hands are drying up and cracking like they always do when the colder weather comes around.

In honor of my favorite season, we went out and bought some new fall decorations and fall soap (as is tradition) last week to put in our apartment, and now our home is ready for fall with pumpkins and orange leaves and a bowl of caramel apple taffy sitting on the desk. I love looking at everything set out and thinking, These decorations will be up when we bring our baby home. At the mall the other night, I told Zac "I've got 7 1/2 weeks left, and I'm 7 1/2 months along!" It's going by so quickly, and it blows my mind that I'll have a baby in my arms in about 7 or so weeks! We got a black and white striped blanket from Ikea last week, too, and Zac has claimed it as his, and says "it's like sleeping with a sweater covering your whole body!" So it's perfect. This season is perfect. 

So here are some peeks of autumn around our apartment. We're so ready for pumpkin donuts, Halloween movies, and that crisp, Autumn air during walks around the neighborhood. Ah, bring it on!



And happy 51st birthday to my mom, and happy 3 year anniversary of mine and Zac's very first kiss that took place on the front porch of my college apartment in building L! :)

...

1 comment: