Saturday, September 21, 2013

33 weeks.



My baby has the hiccups all the time. It's the cutest thing ever. I can't wait to hear them on the outside. We've also got a leg stretcher over here. All day long those little feet slide up and down the right side of my belly. Sometimes you can even feel them through my skin. It's so creepy, but so adorable. Lately this babe has been hanging out on my right side, so I've had quite the lopsided belly.

This week at my midwife appointment, we were trying to find the heartbeat. My midwife felt around to see how the baby was positioned, and put the doppler where she thought the body was. No heartbeat. After feeling around for a while, she decided to try the other side, and sure enough, that little heartbeat rang through. This baby's got tricks. We also found out that the baby is roughly 4 pounds!

I've been so anxious to know who the baby will look like more: me, Zac, or a mix of both of us. Will it have hair? How big will it be? And, oh my gosh, is it a boy or a girl?! I keep going back and forth with that one, and now I think it's a boy, which kind of excites me, because I really like our boy name (I also really like our girl name, too, for the record).

I got my TDaP vaccine this week, and Zac will get his today. I also found out a few weeks ago that I passed my glucose test with "a perfect score," says my midwife. Yay! I'm now into my 2-week appointments, and soon I'll be having them once a week! 

Zac asked me if I was nervous to have the baby last night. I said no, which surprised even me. I thought by now I would be freaking out at least a little bit. I'm too excited to meet this little person, I guess. I'm excited for the whole experience: arriving at the hospital, watching movies and playing card games with my lover in the hospital room, and especially that one second that will turn me into a mother, seeing what it really feels like, and knowing that my baby is finally here. That's the one moment I'm looking forward to the most.

...

1 comment:

  1. awww what a cute bump. And you are almost there! I am glad you passed your glucose test! and baby hiccups are fun! My son would get them everynight when I was trying to go to bed, so it was kind of annoying but it's kind of reassuring knowing they are there! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete