Saturday, June 1, 2013

17 weeks.



At 17 weeks, this little babe is kicking all the day long. I can feel it best when I'm sitting down, so I'm kind of liking my full-time, sit-down office job. It's crazy to think that I can feel those kicks already, and it's so easy to tell them apart from all the other weird things my body is doing.

So far I've gained 6 pounds. I gained a third of that just this last week. Too much good food, I guess. I've been craving donuts for a couple of weeks now, and I finally had some with Zac today at the Farmers' Market in Provo. They really hit the spot. If that craving is anything like what I've been feeling, I won't be craving donuts anymore now that I've had some. 

Overall, I'm feeling so good! I'm less tired, the round ligament pain is very mild, and, holy cow, I can feel my baby kicking! That just makes all the horrible stuff go away, really.

The more my pregnancy progresses, and the more I read about delivery, the more I lean toward having a natural birth. I've decided that I will absolutely not have pitocin or a C-section, unless my baby is going to die. I am completely opposed to unnecessary intervention. I think I'd like to have the option of an epidural open, though, just in case. You know, because I'm a wimp.

At this last week's midwife appointment, I got to hear the baby's heartbeat again. It's so sweet and strong. I also set up my 20-week ultrasound! I can't wait to see that little face on the screen. I'm excited for Zac to see it, too. I'm so happy he's here to experience this with me. It's really so special.

...

1 comment:

  1. Mommyhood is tough but so worth it! May God bless you with sweet quick labor like mine were...then natural is a wonderful possibility. But if I had endless labor, I might have opted for an epidural myself!!!
    Can't wait to meet the little one! :)

    ReplyDelete