Monday, November 5, 2012

thankful november #4.



When I was younger, my mom cooked us dinner every night. And it was awesome. I remember her cutting vegetables on the counter, or standing in front of the stove waiting for something to boil. I wanted to be just like her. So I started cooking with her. Not too much, and not too often, but occasionally, I would. She taught me everything she could, and I loved it.

Now that I'm a wife, I cook dinner for my husband (most nights). And when I have kids, I want them to remember me cooking in the kitchen every night to feed their little bellies. It's one of the most fond memories I have of my mom. And the smells! Mmmm.

Yesterday, I was grateful for the ability to cook, and for my knowledge I have of how to cook. Because yesterday, I cooked Beef and Barley Soup, and realized it was the very first meal I cooked (ever) that was made with cow meat that wasn't ground beef. So, I was kind of proud of myself.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment