Wednesday, November 7, 2012

team bryan.



See this beautiful family? These are the Maughans. When I was 4 years old, we moved in next door to these guys, and stayed until I was 17. I lived next door to this family for 13 years of my life, and got to know them fairly well.

Bryan and Michele, the parents, are the sweetest people you will ever meet. They are very much in love. Michele was like my second mom growing up. She'd always help my family out when we needed it, and put her veterinary skills to use when we raised kittens. They would always have a house full of kids, with a pile (I mean an actual pile) of shoes at the doorway when us friends would come over to play. Bryan built a loft above their laundry room for us to watch movies in, and Michele would let us play with her chickens and ride her horses.

Their kids, Andrew, Matthew, Kelsie, and Savannah, were some of my best friends. I remember playing dump trucks in the sand box with Andrew and Matthew, and baby sitting Savannah when she was just a baby, but Kelsie was my best friend out of the four, and my two little sisters' best friend, too. We would play dolls and Barbies, swing on her tire swing and jump on the trampoline. This family was a very big part of my life growing up.

Just a week or two, Bryan found out that he has Metastatic Melanoma, a type of cancer, and has very limited time to live.

As you can imagine, this wonderful family is shocked and sad and everything in between. Michele had the greatest idea to set up a Team Bryan page to help raise money, so they can have him here just a little longer. If you would like to donate money to this incredible cause for this incredible family, please click the link above, read his story, and donate.

I love this family more than words can say, and I'm praying for the best!

[pictures taken from Michele's facebook page]

...

No comments:

Post a Comment