Thursday, May 23, 2013

happy happy.



Things that make me happy:

The smell of lilacs that come in through our front window. I could breathe them in all day long.

Making dinner with my sweetheart.

A full tank of gas. 

Knowing there's a tiny baby in my belly, and getting excited to see what he or she is like. Who will it look like? Will it have dark hair like me?

The warm weather that is perfect to go for a walk in. I'm really loving this.

Anticipation for fun things that will happen in the next few months, like going to Bear Lake, and going to BBQ's. Oh, and meeting our baby!

I was reading this blog today, and I came across the most eye opening question that I've seen lately. 

"Have you made your life so secure and comfortable here on earth that you never truly long for heaven?"

I think that's why we have death here. That's why we have hurt, misery, hate, sorrow, and frustration. This is our temporary home, and if we get too comfortable here, then why would we want to leave it?

We also have excitement, joy, love, and success. We have people who love us, because I think we have a God who loves us enough to make this enjoyable for us, and also to give another reason to look forward to heaven. That picture above is just a little piece of what I think heaven will be like.


...


No comments:

Post a Comment