Saturday, May 4, 2013

13 weeks.



Happy 2nd Trimester to me! Today the baby is as big as a peach; three inches long to be exact. The sickness has pretty much left, but I'm starving about every hour (but when I get hungry, it's just hunger pains, and not I-want-to-throw-up pains). I'm still so so tired, but it's letting up. I was able to stay awake until about 10:00 pm the other day! That was a big deal. I've gained 3 pounds so far, and cramps are still here. Big surprise (they were the very first symptom I had). I think they'll be present throughout this whole thing. Yay. :)

We heard the little babe's heartbeat this last week, and I made Zac take a video of it so we can listen to it whenever we want. It's the sweetest sound. :) It's healthy and strong, and we'll hear it again at the end of the month, but not before we go on our "baby moon" to Newport Beach!

This is all still so amazing to me. My body is so awesome. I am still shocked that I'm going to be a mom soon, because I don't feel too different at all. I don't think it'll feel real until I have that baby in my arms. :)

...


4 comments:

  1. It doesn't feel real until you have the baby in your arms and then it will be so weird to think that that was the same baby inside of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think at around that time, I could lay belly-down on the floor and feel the creepy little thing moving. It feels like you kind of have gas, but then you realize its a tiny human. Then you spend an abnormal amount of time laying face down on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously? I need to try that.

      Delete
    2. Yep. Seriously. And when its born you'll spend copious amounts of time just staring at it. Babies are mesmerizing!

      Delete