Saturday, May 25, 2013

16 weeks.



This week I'm loving food. I have the biggest appetite, and Zac can vouch for me, because every time we eat something, I say something like, "Oh my gosh, this is sooooo good!" I get hungry so often nowadays. I ate two filling meals before 11:00 this morning. I've been on a Chinese food kick this week (thank you, Panda Express), and I'm starting to think that's one of my cravings. I think I crave it more than all the other random stuff.

The little babe is longer than my iPhone now. Holy smokes! I feel like time is flying by! In 4 weeks, I'll be halfway done. What?! If we're lucky, we can still feel little kicks if we press our hand against my belly while I'm lying on my back. It's unbelievable. 

I've gained a total of about 4 pounds so far. I'm trying to keep it that way until after my doctor's appointment next week, but we'll see how it goes (remember how I love food?).

The joy that is round ligament pain is still here. I love it and I hate it. Mostly I'm just glad that I can eat and smell almost anything. I realized this week that the smell I can't handle is ranch. Every time I smell it, I want to throw up. I can't eat it either; it's disgusting. But man, bring on the Chinese food!

This week the baby is starting to hear things. Zac and I decided that by the time this babe is born, it will have quite the taste in music, because we're going to make it listen to a few good ones, like Bon Iver, M83, and The Beach Boys. Hopefully that will prevent it from ever wanting to listen to something like Justin Beiber. Here's hoping!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment