Friday, April 19, 2013

boston.



I'm a little late to this, but I had to say something about the bombings in Boston that happened on Monday. It's been making me sick and so sad to see the terror going on in our country. From the three who were killed in the bombings, and over a hundred who were injured, my heart can't help but break.

I saw pictures of what the normally busy streets of Boston looked like today after police urged people to stay inside and lock their doors while they looked for the second suspect: a teenaged boy. I read stories of how the first suspect--a man just three years older than me--was killed last night in front of residential homes in a stand off with police. It makes me so, so sad.

I can only imagine how terrifying it must be for the people of Boston to have to go through this. Seeing tanks and guns and SWAT teams walk through their town that, just a few days ago, was a normal place.

It's recent news that the second suspect was captured. I am so, so happy. It's a relief, and I'm nowhere near Boston. I'm so glad that those people can go to sleep at night.

And among all the chaos, I'm so proud to know that there are people helping. The many who stepped up on the day of the bombings and saved the injured. The doctors, police officers, and strangers who saved peoples' lives. I just can't believe how much good there is when something so bad has happened. It's remarkable.

We love you, Boston. :)

...

No comments:

Post a Comment