Friday, April 26, 2013

a baby!



It's so nice to get this out in the open. We've been keeping it a secret for almost two months, and I had been counting down the days I was so excited! It's all I can think about!

I was asked a few questions, and I thought I'd answer them here, more for my reference than anything. So here goes!

We aren't finding out the gender of this little babe. I feel like the majority of things I like (as far as baby clothes, supplies, etc. go) are gender neutral and plain, and would go with either a boy or a girl. Plus, I'm not too fond of some gender-specific clothes (especially anything that looks like this or this... yikes!). And besides, we want to be surprised the day our baby comes!

I've been sick, but not as bad as other women get. I've had mild (but present) morning sickness, but haven't thrown up once (praise the heavens!). The most prominent symptoms I've had are cramps (no one ever tells you about these!), and fatigue. I've been so exhausted! But I can feel it start to slowly go away as I'm nearing the second trimester.

The only real, consistant craving I've had is cold water. I've never heard of that one before, but I can't get enough. Besides that, I've been craving various foods randomly, like pizza, burgers, egg salad sandwiches, nachos, breadsticks, tacos/burritos, and chicken noodle soup--mostly restaurant food. And the fact that I've have no energy to cook anything means that Zac and I have been eating out a lot lately. :| I've also craved a Subway ham sandwich for a while now, but can't eat it because of infection risk. You bet your bottom dollar that there will be one in my hospital room right after I deliver the baby.

I've had a couple food aversions, but not typical ones. The thought of eating goldfish crackers, jelly beans, Trader Joe's cookie butter or almond butter make me feel sick (I've never even had cookie butter...). But I'm so glad that I'm still able to eat meat, because I like a good burger.

Thank you for all your sweet comments and for sharing your excitement with me! It makes me happy to know that I have people who are thrilled about this, too! And you people are wonderful.

...



No comments:

Post a Comment