Thursday, September 6, 2012

the holidays are so close, i can taste them.


Today a storm rolled in with its dark clouds and sprinkling rain. On my way home from work, I stopped by Hobby Lobby to look at glass canisters, and ended up looking at all the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas decorations.

While walking through the aisles and aisles of Christmas wreathes, ornaments, and nativities, I started thinking about what colors to decorate our Christmas tree with. This year will be the first year Zac and I have a full-sized tree (thank you, vaulted ceilings!), and it will sit right in our front window for everyone to see.

In the store, I found the perfect angel to put on top of our tree. She had a gold dress, and feathered wings, and she was lovely. My mom had one just like her so many years ago when Christmas came around. I left her at the store, but don't you worry, Zac and I will go back and snatch her up and bring her home.

When I walked through the door, the leftover pumpkin cookies were waiting for me, so I ate four. Hello, Autumn.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment