Saturday, September 29, 2012

our third first date.



Last night we drove up the canyon to Sundance and rode the ski lift under the big, bright moon, like we did two years ago on our first date. We've made it into some sort of annual tradition, and I'm excited to keep it going with our kids.

Those two years ago, we arrived in our thin jackets, and held onto each other the whole ride, partly because it was freezing, and partly because we had a thing for each other. Zac asked me to be his girlfriend on the ski lift that night (which I said no to, because I was waiting for a missionary, but then said yes about a week later).

This time around, we bundled up and wore thermals under our pants, coats on top of jackets, scarves, and hats, and also brought some hot cocoa to drink as we made our way up that big mountain. It was still pretty cold. :)

Riding that ski lift last night made me feel like we were still just 20 and 22 years old, on our first date. The sights were the same, and we cuddled up the same way we did that first night. I love being married to this man.



Our first date, September 23, 2010.

...

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome tradition! If dad and i relived our first date he'd have to drop me off before dinner and id be crying. Good thing you had an awesome first date! Very romantic! Zac you little romantic fool you!

    ReplyDelete