Sunday, September 2, 2012

cherry hill 2012.


We went to Cherry Hill yesterday for our Family Reunion with my dad's family. If you've ever been to Cherry Hill, you'll know it's a fairly old RV/water park that has the best two water slides in the universe, even if they are trashy.

We arrived in the morning, and headed for the water slides right when we got out of the car. Our day looked like this: tube slide, mat slide, lazy river, way too much Taco Time for lunch, hang out at camp and hold baby Jackson, mat slide, tube slide, mat slide, back to camp. It was a great day.

Near dinner time, Zac and I headed to the bathrooms to change into dry clothes. When we came out, it was raining. I said, "Okay, on the count of three, we'll run back to camp. 1... 2... 3!" And right then, it started hailing. So we waited and waited, and suddenly, as if by a miracle, my brother, Daniel, came with his car to pick up his girlfriend, Erika, who was in the bathroom changing, too. We rode back to camp in his car, parked, and ate chocolate until the storm passed.

When we got out, there were puddles everywhere in the grass. my whole family (including Matt in his khaki slacks) had their pants rolled up, and flip flops on. As a family, we decided to pack up and go out to dinner instead of eating at camp. And we did just that.


We got some really good Chinese down in Murray, where I thought my stomach would explode (remember the "too much Taco Time" at lunch?).

We ended the night at my parents' house, where I fell asleep playing Solitaire on my phone.

To see last year's Cherry Hill trip, click here.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment