Sunday, September 16, 2012

bernz is married!


My bass player/roommate got herself married on Friday night. Everyone, meet Erica, and her husband, Wes. We call Erica "Bernz" around these parts, and Wes is just Wes. I've known Bernz since we were 16 (that's 6 years, people). We were in a high school band together, and she was my most recent college roommate until a month before I got married.

Bernz and I, we met our husbands on the same day. On September 8, 2010, as Bernz and I were riding the shuttle home from school, she complimented a guy on his shirt. This guy's name was Wes. On the way home, she told me how hot she thought he was, and that night, we made plans to visit him in Building A where he told her he lived. For dinner, Bernz made pasta, and I made caramel corn for dessert (that I totally messed up). After dinner, Bernz, Rachel and I walked all the way down to Building A, caramel corn in hand, and knocked on Wes's door.

Wes was in his room playing video games, and his roommate was there watching him play. We walked in and greeted them both. As Bernz was discretely checking out Wes, my eye was caught by the roommate and his thick-rimmed glasses. Little did I know that the roommate was my future husband.

After that, we all (Wes, Erica, me, Zac, Rachel, and sometimes Ryan and Nick) hung out every night and watched youtube videos, went to BYU campus to listen to music, went to museums and to the gas stations to get drinks. Soon enough, Bernz and I had boyfriends! And now, as of Friday, we've made husbands out of those boyfriends, and I could not be more happy!

Did I mention that Bernz and I now have the same last name? Apparently Zac and Wes are distant cousins, or something, which makes me and Bernz sisters, I think.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment