Wednesday, July 25, 2012

the 24th.


Come to Utah on the 24th of July, and you'll find we celebrate it with food, parades, rodeos, and fireworks. This year, we did just that. For the 24th, Zac and I woke up early, and drove up to Salt Lake City to see the great Days of '47 parade with my mom and grandma Alice. It was hot, and we were all sweaty, and I even got sunburned just a little, but it was still pretty cool. But ya know what? I realized something. Parades aren't like they used to be when people would throw out candy. I think, even at 22 years old, I would still run out in the street and get as much as I could, mostly because I love saltwater taffy.

After the parade, we walked to Kim's little Indian cart, called The Curryer. I remember when Kim was dating her now-husband, Dustin, and they would make curries together (some of which I ate at her birthday party!), and figure out how to run their little business together. And now it's here! And MAN! I could eat there for the rest of my life. We got the chicken tikka masala with some naan and a couple of cokes. It was some of the best Indian food I've ever had!

The rest of the day was spent shopping at our favorite places in Salt Lake, driving around, and taking naps. We both also came down with some colds, and by nighttime when we planned on watching fireworks, we just went to bed with our windows open, and listened to fireworks instead. I guess that's what I get for taking a sick day to have fun (but in my defense, I did tell my boss about a week before).

Happy Pioneer day!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment