Wednesday, July 11, 2012

the emily jenkins.



I don't have many friends, but the friends I do have are quite wonderful/talented/gorgeous/awesome.

When I was in high school 4+ years ago (did I really graduate 4 years ago...?), I was in an all-girl band that consisted of me, Emily, and Erica. We were kind of awesome, and played songs about eating nachos, new shoes, and getting attacked by monsters. We only played a few shows together until we split up to go to different colleges.

Since then, Emily has kept up her singing and guitar-playing, and recently, she recorded some of her songs (one of which was a song our band played)! And, like I mentioned above, she is all of wonderful, talented, gorgeous, and awesome! So, give her a listen here!

Emily and I have been best friends since Kindergarten, when I peed my pants. Once, before cell phones were popular, we talked on the phone for 3 1/2 hours straight when she was babysitting. We would crash stake dances (with Erica, of course) with our mismatched clothes and our crazy dance moves, and sometimes go into the mens' bathroom and take pictures there. When we're together, we go to concerts, take pictures of each other, and do weird things like volunteer ourselves as ethnic servers for a high school dance (meet Sanchez and Pierre, above).

Nothing quite brings back the good ol' days like these songs.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment