Tuesday, July 17, 2012

i've got the power.


The other day, Zac and I hung up most of our wall hangings around our apartment. We moved in 3 months ago, and we finally got around to doing it. It felt amazing. I mean, really. It should not have felt as amazing as it did. It made me feel like I could take on the freaking world!

Lately I've been wishing my life would fast forward to about a year from now. I felt like I was stuck, and that I wouldn't be able to do the things I wanted to do until the future. Even simple things like running a few days a week, or sewing things, or making dinner for my husband (ha! I'm a failure as a wife). I thought to myself, How weird can I be? I have to wait a year to do those things? Heck, I can do them right now!

And so I begin. I want to stop wishing my life away, waiting for something better. Because in a year from now, I'll look back on today and think, Why didn't I do anything?! I'm going to start living for today. I'm going to do things that I want to do, and learn things that I want to learn. I'm going to become the best I can, and turn into the person that I want to be.

I'm gonna punch today in the face!

...

1 comment:

  1. You're awesome Megan! Good for you! What a good attitude to have. There have been times in my life that I have put things on hold or not fully enjoyed life because I was waiting for something better. And believe me - I regret it. Just enjoy now. It's time you can never get back!

    ReplyDelete