Thursday, June 7, 2012

weekdays, according to me.


At 8:00 AM when Zac and I leave for work, we spot our 40-something-year-old, skinny-as-a-rail, almost-looks-like-a-pedophile neighbor who lives across from us take his trash out. Every morning, he looks inside the dumpster as if he's searching for things to take back with him.

At 9:15 AM, I eat a bag of pretzels. I think that's the one snack I will never get sick of.

Throughout the day, I think to myself about how annoying Jordan is, and how, as his supervisor, I have to remind him to actually work instead of browse the internet. I kind of dislike him a lot.

From 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM, the two other people in my department take their lunch, and I get to be by myself (kind of). It's very nice. Annnd, I'm an introvert.

In the afternoon, I watch Ron drink 2 or 3 cans of Coke, and think it's gross.

Between 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM, I listen to my boss say something about how I dress like I live in the 80's, or how many colors I can combine into one outfit, or how bright my yellow pants are, and I secretly love it.

Throughout the day, I ask my boss a bazillion questions, and also tell him to finish his work. According to him, "I'm not your boss. We're a team, like BFF's." So me telling him to finish his work is okay.

On the dot at 3:30PM, I take my lunch break, and my boss thinks I'm weird because it's so late.

Every lunch break, I play Solitaire on my phone. And I think I'm actually getting pretty good!

When everyone is tired of work at around 4:30 PM, my boss sends me funny videos and pictures to pass the time.

At 6:00 PM, my shift ends, and I get in my car to pick Zac up from school, and at around 6:05 PM, I get to see my favorite face in the world after a long day. And then we go shopping for groceries, or go home and sleep or make dinner or play games with each other.

And that, my friends, is the best part of my weekdays.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment