Tuesday, June 26, 2012

family photos 2012.


A few weeks ago, we met up with our friend, Heather, to get our pictures taken in downtown Provo--the place we lived as newlyweds. We hadn't had professional pictures taken since our wedding day, and so we thought, for our first year of marriage, we'd get some pictures taken to see how much we've changed in the last year. I have a feeling this will happen every May.

Heather is such a great photographer! Not only does she produce gorgeous, well-lit photos, but she is also super fun, and makes us not feel as awkward as we normally are. On our shoot, we were telling her about how our wedding photographer posed us awkwardly, and how we looked like an awkward, prepubescent couple in a good amount of our wedding photos. Heather was incredible at posing us so we looked natural, and also telling us when we looked weird (because, honestly, both Zac and I are the opposite of photogenic--don't let this here blog fool you; I only post pictures I look pretty in). And yes, my legs are that white.

Before taking pictures in front of the light blue house, Heather knocked on the door and asked its residents if we could shoot there. They agreed, and as we were getting ourselves situated, the sprinklers came on. The three of us laughed and laughed, because I think the residents of the house did it on purpose. It was quite the experience.

As soon as I saw the finished pictures, I was ecstatic! I mean, look how perfect they are. And dang! Zac and I look hawt! I am thoroughly impressed with these little babies. To see more of Heather's work (and hire her, because you know you want to), go here!

This last picture was taken right when a man walking down the sidewalk stopped and looked at us, and said something along the lines of, "You two are a good looking couple!" This was our reaction.


Thank you, stranger, for making our day!

+++++

Oh, and as a side note, we went to eat at Terra Mia tonight. It was gross. I wouldn't recommend it. Especially when you're paying $20.00 for soggy pizza and burnt breadsticks. The service was good, though!

...

3 comments:

  1. oh my! your pictures turned out so cute! and i love your blog design...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these here pictures a lot!! And your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are soo adorable!! Love, love, LOVE them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete