Sunday, June 24, 2012

erik's homecoming.

When I was in High School, I was in a band with my two friends, Emily and Erica. We didn't play very many shows (maybe 5 or 6, tops), but we were the bee's knees. At least, we thought so. The perks of being in a band, though, were having friends who were also in bands. We played a few shows with all of our band friends, and went out to each with everyone after each show at the Denny's off the freeway in South Jordan. I think that was the only good part about High School.

A couple of weeks ago, one of our band friends, Erik, came home from his LDS mission. Emily, Erica and I went. I haven't seen those two for months, and it was nice to catch up and goof off with them like we did all those years ago.

We also got to see a few of our band friends (I'm just realizing now that we were the only girls in that group...) which was hilarious, because I'm sure at least two of them were high. Not that being high is hilarious... Especially at an LDS mission homecoming... Anyway... It was nice to see Erik after two whole years, and he was just as excited to see us. "Oh, no way! Emily, Megan, and Erica?!"

Welcome home, Erik! I hope your first few dates are as awkward as a tall, skinny, 14-year-old boy going through puberty!


...

No comments:

Post a Comment