Tuesday, May 22, 2012

the road trip: day one.


We're home! And boy, did we have so much fun on this little road trip of ours. I've never had such fun being stuck in the car for four hours at a time. What with all the snacks, music, and company (I kind of like being with my husband, a lot), it sure made for an enjoyable time.

We started our road trip right when we got off work last Friday evening. With the couple of pit stops and dinner, we made it into St. George a little after 10:00 pm. The little motel we stayed in was just darling and cozy, just what I wanted.


The next morning, we got up early and walked the few blocks to the Farmer's Market at Ancestor Square. It was gorgeous and lively, with lots of great things to see, taste, hear, and buy! We left there with a loaf of sun-dried tomato and cheese bread, and a jar of homemade salsa.


For lunch, we stopped by 25 Main, a local cafe and cupcake shop, and my oh my! I would eat there everyday for the rest of my life if I could! I would easily say it's the best place in town. I recommend the Penne Primavera and the Chocolate Raspberry cupcake! What a treat!


We also spent time walking through the city for an hour or two, where we came upon old Brother Brigham taking a rest on a bench, so we stopped to say hi. We also explored a little antique shop, where I bought a pretty, gold necklace to wear that day.


Dinner was quite fantastic, as well. We ate at Pier 49, where we ordered a whole pizza to share (and we almost ate all of it, until we stopped at 3 pieces each, because it was just too much). On our way out the door, we saw Appa, in car form! We spent the rest of the night at the motel, watching our current favorite show, Lie to Me. It was a long day spent mostly on our feet and taking too many pictures, but it was good to us.


See day two and three of our road trip here and here.

...

2 comments:

  1. those cupcakes are THEE best. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so glad yoy had a great time! Are yoy putting a portfolio of your pictures together? You are very good you know. I love you sweetie

    ReplyDelete