Friday, July 26, 2013

bear lake: day 2.



Saturday was our second day at Bear Lake, and also the day where my baby bump turned 24 weeks! We headed out to the mountains, about a 30 minute drive from the lake house, to go shooting that morning, and Zac got to use his new gun he got for his birthday! It was 100 degrees up there, with no shade! I didn't shoot anything, because I didn't want to be that close to the loud guns with the baby. Eventually I sat in the car with the air conditioning blowing on me, and I was in heaven. 



In the afternoon, we went to the store (the only one in miles!) with Whit and JT and got some strawberries and sugar snap peas to eat, along with some drinks from the gas station. We had plans to rent a boat later in the day, but it had gotten really windy, so we decided against it, and went out to eat at Cooper's instead. And when it got dark and a little bit chilly, we watched What About Bob? outside on Zac's projector and a white sheet with the lake behind us while we ate red vines. We also heard some drunk people on the beach fall out of a moving car and swear at each other.



The next day, Sunday, the power went out, so instead of going to church and eating dinner, everyone packed up early and headed home! It was such a nice trip. I can't wait to take our baby up there next summer! I love that lake up there.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment