Saturday, July 6, 2013

22 weeks.



This week, my back is killing me! Zac's getting used to hearing, "You can give me a back massage if you want," all day long. And he usually does. :) On the bright side, my skin is slowly going back to normal, and we're starting to actually buy things for when the baby comes. 

The baby is almost a whole pound now, and as big as a papaya! I remember when it was as big as a grape, and it seems like it was just a couple of weeks ago.  And now I'm in the 5th month?! This pregnancy really is just flying by. I'm running out of clothes that fit, but maybe it's just because today is laundry day. I'm growing fond of this yellow belt, and wear it almost everyday.

Baby Swenson has been kicking more and more, and those kicks are getting stronger, too! Zac can usually feel them, unless the baby decides to stop kicking right when Zac puts his hand on my belly (which happens quite often). I think I could feel some hiccups in there this morning; consistant little twitches low in my belly. We discovered that the baby loves Samson by Regina Spektor, and also some Cat Stevens song, too. 

On the fourth of July this last week, when we watched the firework show at Thanksgiving Point, the baby was kicking so much, too. I think it either loved them or hated them. 

So far I've gained a total of 11 pounds, and can still fit into my regular jeans (but only if I use the hair elastic trick), but my shirts are getting too short for me. Time to go shopping! :) This week I'm back to craving popcorn and cinnamon (namely Quaker cinnamon oatmeal cereal). I really can't think of a food that doesn't sound good to me, or a smell that makes me sick, either. 

We signed up for a prenatal class this morning, and that starts in about a month. I think that will help this feel more real. But ever since we got our ultrasound done a couple of weeks ago, Zac has been more involved, and it makes my heart melt watching him talk to our baby. :)

...

3 comments:

  1. What is this "elastic trick?" Also: I'm pretty sure we have the exact same taste of music. Haha You're looking adorable as always!

    When you buy maternity clothes, get them a little bigger than how they would fit you now. Believe it or not, you're belly is going to get a lot bigger still!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaylie, here's the elastic trick I'm talking about! http://diymaternity.com/pants-skirts/the-rubberband-maternity-trick/ :D

      Delete
  2. You're only two weeks behind me! You are so cute. You look so good pregnant! I'm definitely the same way with my husband, haha. Can't get enough back massages. And I just bought my first pair of maternity pants, and I'm in heaven! I've always done the elastic trick, too. Haha.

    I'm a new follower and would love to have you follow along too!
    fredrongo.com

    ReplyDelete