Sunday, July 28, 2013

25 weeks.



Yesterday, Zac and I spent the whole day setting up our nursery furniture my parents bought for us! It was so much fun, but so much hard work (I was out of breath for at least half of it). Now we'll wander in there occasionally and sit in the rocking chair and take it all in. We're having a baby, and soon! It's hard to believe that I'll be rocking a little newborn in that chair in about 15 weeks.

This week I've craved plain whole wheat bread all day long. I'll take 2 or 3 slices with me to work in the mornings and be in heaven. We buy the Great Grain brand; it's baked locally, and with 23 grams of whole grains per slice, it makes me feel better about my bread craving. :) I've also found that when I get hungry, I crave sweets and only sweets. And this week, I experienced my first bout of acid reflux. Twice. Tums are my best friends.

Since I found out I was pregnant, I've been putting Burt's Bees Mama Bee Nourishing Oil on my belly every single day to prevent stretch marks. I've heard that stretch marks are hereditary, and I've heard that moisturizing can prevent them. I'm not sure what to believe, but so far, no stretch marks. :) The baby is about 13.5 inches long now (more than a foot!), and about 1.5 pounds. It's getting so big! I'm up a total of 18 pounds, so I'm right on track! 

At my midwives' appointment this last week, my midwife was able to feel the baby's head! She told me that she would teach me how to feel for it when I'm further along. We've already felt what I think is the baby's feet kicking, pushing, and even rubbing on my belly (you can see its foot make a wave across my belly!), and it's so hilarious and surreal. Zac will poke the upper right side of my belly (the side where I get most of the kicks--at our ultrasound we found out why: that's where the feet are!), and the baby will play with him and kick back. I am already so in love with this little babe!

I'm getting more and more excited to have this baby right when the holidays start. A brand new baby for Thanksgiving and Christmas?! What a dream. We decided that we'll put our very first Christmas tree up in the nursery this year. And you bet I'm buying Thanksgiving- and Christmas-themed clothes for the little one to dress up in. :)

...

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I LOVE theme clothes!!!!!!! And I can hardly wait to meet cute apple!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, are you naming your baby Apple?!

    Second, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Check out my blog for the deets. :)

    www.kayliemarie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you couldn't pay me to name my baby Apple! That was something I asked people to call me when I was like, 3. :)

      YAY! I'll check it out!

      Delete