Saturday, July 13, 2013

23 weeks.



Right after Zac took these pictures, I looked at them and said, "Holy crap, I'm getting huge!" I blame the pizza and root beer earlier this week, because I gained 2 pounds this week, so I'm up a total of 13 pounds now. Oh, and the fact that my baby is one whole pound now, and just one inch shy of a foot long! It's getting so big, and it makes me so excited!

One of the best things about pregnancy is that it makes you stretch your wardrobe. I haven't worn this floral button-down shirt for at least a year, and decided to wear it today, because I was bored of my 5 maternity shirts. It's almost like getting a new shirt! Before I was pregnant, I thought I would be able to wear all my high-waisted skirts, because, I mean, they're high waisted, right?! Now I'm laughing at myself. My waist is totally gone.

This week I've been craving pop (hence the pizza and root beer, and the late-night Cascade Ice run we took last night), popcorn, sweets (cookies, cake, chocolate, etc.), and carbs!!! Before being pregnant, I hated the feeling of being full; I liked to eat until I wasn't hungry anymore, and nothing more. But now I'm like, "Get in my belly!" I love being full, and if I'm full of carbs, that's even better. One night this past week, I woke up at 1:00 in the morning and couldn't fall asleep until about 5:00. I was craving bruschetta like never before, but Zac made me a bowl of cereal after I cried about being so exhausted, and it was wonderful. 

Bending over is on the verge of becoming impossible, and I'm starting to realize what pregnant ladies mean when they say it's uncomfortable. Half of my body is sore, and I can tell that my walking has changed just a little (I'm not saying the word "waddle" just yet, but ya know... I'm getting there). I'm so excited to see what this baby will be like when it's born, because it's still kicking sooooo much! I feel like it's having a dance party in there, because it rarely stops. And I'm even getting to the point where I almost pee my pants when it kicks my bladder. One of these days, I'll have the blessed opportunity to experience peeing my pants while pregnant. I'll let you know how it goes. 

...

2 comments:

  1. So cute,! If you'd ever go shopping with the mama you might have !6! Shirts! Hi baby!

    ReplyDelete