Friday, August 17, 2012

see ya, summer: day four.


On day four of these two weeks of having Zac sans-homework, I was having a bad day, and fell asleep early in my clothes. What a way to say goodbye to summer, eh? But it's okay, because sometimes bad days happen, and sometimes you're just too tired to change out of your clothes before falling asleep. It reminds me that life isn't perfect (even though I want it to be, oh so bad sometimes!), and that I'm a lucky woman to have a husband like Zac who does laundry and cleans up around the house when I'm asleep at 7:30 PM. What a man, I tell you. I really did luck out.

And ya know what? I woke up to not one, but two packages sitting on the table that Zac brought in. Inside, I found the two dresses I ordered last week. And ya know what? Even though I ordered one of the dresses a size smaller than what I usually wear, I tried it on this morning, and it fit like a charm. There's always a new day to be had, and the sun shines bright. Life does get better. Even if it's something simple. I am lucky.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment