Monday, February 6, 2012

ten reasons why i love being married...

...in no particular order...

  1. You always have a buddy--at the movies, on roller coasters, even when you're bored and just need someone to bug.
  2. You get to snuggle with someone at night (and all the other times you're together).
  3. Inside jokes, signals and signs.
  4. Helping each other out: he zips up my dresses and tells me if he likes my outfit, and I make him lunch and massage his back.
  5. Having things in common, and sharing those things (like collecting vinyl records and listening to them while we make dinner).
  6. Talking about the future together--kids, houses, locations, jobs--and having that person be just as excited for it as I am.
  7. Being able to entertain each other for hours, and not getting tired of it.
  8. Unconsciously turning each other into ourselves. Zac dresses in more of what I like, and he's gotten me into listening to his music. We're even starting to act like each other more, and it's just funny.
  9. Sharing a 500-square-foot apartment, and learning to live with each other and each other's habits.
  10. Still missing the other one, and getting excited to see them after work, even after 8 1/2 months of marriage.
Me and Zac when we were in the early stages of dating, Oct. 2010.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment