Tuesday, February 28, 2012

i'm kind of boring.


Today, Zac and I didn't see each other for a whole nine and a half hours. We drove separately today so Zac could stop by BYU on his way home to buy tickets for a dance performance that he's required to go to for one of his classes. We've got the next two Friday date nights set, I'll tell you what.

When I got home from work, Zac had already started on his piles and piles of homework. I sat with him at the kitchen table, and we listened to a narrated play script while drinking peppermint tea together. Since the play is two whole hours long, I got a little bored and went off by myself, and ended up here, writing to you.

It's been hit and miss with writing recently. As of late, it seems like my life is on repeat: get up early in the morning, get ready for the day, go to work for eight hours, come home, hang out with or without Zac while he does homework, make and eat dinner, get ready for bed, go to sleep. I feel like my life is boring, and this needs to change. Wouldn't you say? I want to lead an exciting life, full of small, exciting things, and big things, too. I want to get out of this routine I've set for myself (yet another reason I'm excited to be a mom). I want to get out and do things: take pictures, laugh, be crazy, make memories. I guess, too, that it might help when summer comes out from its hiding place.

Oh, and I want a bike. Real bad.

What are some things you people have tried to break from the norm, and make your life more full, interesting, and enjoyable? Any tips are greatly appreciated, as I'm kind of stuck right now. I used to be fun...

...

2 comments:

  1. I remember feeling that way when Matt and I were first married and he went to school.

    Maybe you could find a hobby to do at home? Something to do while Zac is busy. 2 of my current hobbies include crocheting baby birp cloths and indexing records for the Church (more info if you want).

    You could take a night class of your own. Aerobics? Cake Decorating? Digital Scrapbooking?

    Or Google 'Provo Volunteer Opportunities' and volunteer somewhere?

    Not sure if any of these interest you. Just throwing out ideas! Hope it helps! Good luck :-)

    And your right - it will help when summer comes and you can get outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the second time someone has suggested doing indexing for the Church! Maybe it's a sign! Haha. Those are some good ideas! I never thought of taking a class. Thanks, Steph! You are wonderful!

      Delete