Tuesday, April 8, 2014

the big ol' 24.



I turned 24 on Sunday, and since my birthday fell on a Sunday, we decided to celebrate the majority of it on Saturday and go to the zoo! We drove all the way up there just to find out that it was freezing, windy, and pouring rain, so we decided to drive over to the City Creek mall for lunch and see how the weather was then. Sure enough, after lunch, the rain had stopped, and it was sunny (but still freezing), so we decided to go see all the animals!

I was hoping that Franz would be at least a little excited about all these crazy new animals, but they didn't even phase him. In fact, he slept through about half of it, and when he was awake in the monkey building, a huge ape walked right up to the glass window we were standing in front of, and Franz looked right at him, but didn't even flinch. I guess we'll need to take him back when he's a little older (and when it's not so chilly out).

After the zoo, I made Zac go to Trader Joe's with me so we could get buffalo mozzarella (which they did not have!!!!!), and ended up getting kettle corn, birthday cupcakes, and a chocolate bar instead. 

On Sunday, my real, live, actual birthday, we watched the first session of General Conference at home, and then drove up to my parents' house between sessions where we watched the last session, ate stir fry (my favorite!) and birthday pie, and goggled over how cute my baby is (oh, maybe that was just me... and my dad).

It was a very laid back birthday, but I enjoyed it! It was enough to make me oh so exhausted by the time we got home Sunday night. I was out like a light! And now I'm 24 years old.

See past birthdays here and here!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment