Tuesday, February 12, 2013

a dream.



I've always dreamed of raising my little children in a big home in the suburbs of some cute and quaint city, where people are out in their yards and children are playing in the streets, much like the neighborhood I grew up in. Friends would come over to play with my children, and leave a pile of shoes at the door. We would go on family bike rides, and, as a housewife and stay-at-home mother, I would make dinner for my family in the evenings. There would be colorful flowers in our front yard, and I would take dinner to those in need. My many children would know how much I love them, and how wonderful it was to be in love with someone by the way my husband and I acted with each other. We would be silly, and throw parties for no reason, except that it was a wonderful day. My children would watch out the window for their dad to come home from work, and he would greet them with hugs and tickles and laughs.

That's been probably my biggest dream ever since before I was a teenager. I would daydream about this on a weekly, maybe even daily basis. It's where my heart wanted to be, and I yearned for it so badly; I was excited to grow up and have that.

And today, all these years later, I still want exactly that. I want to be a stay-at-home mother and do house work and cook for my family. I want a big house where my children and I can laugh and play and work and make memories. And in a world where this dream might seem too old-fashioned, or seem to lack ambition, I believe that it's the most honorable thing a woman can do in this world. The ability to slow things down, and sit down on the floor with a child that you've created and teach them to read, or play cars with them. To find the beauty in the little things, instead of constantly being busy. 

I want my children to have siblings to play with, to fight with, and to love. I want them to have a mother and a father who are in love, and show that love every single day. I want to be there with my children when they take their first steps, or loose their first tooth, or have a bad day at school. I want them to have opportunities, and to learn about what makes me the happiest, and where they can get that happiness. I want them to know that I am their mother, and I would do anything for them.

That is my dream. 

... 

No comments:

Post a Comment