Sunday, December 4, 2011

the weekend.

Zac took me on a date last Friday. I finished reading The Help a month or two ago, and I've been wanting to go see the movie. Zac and I are complete dollar theater junkies. Why pay $8.00+ when you can wait a few weeks and see it for $1.00? So he waited until it came out at the dollar theater, and surprised me with it last Friday night. Not to mention that, before the movie, we went to Shopko and found everything we remembered about that store when we went with our moms when we were young teenagers (that store used to be like Walmart back in the day!), including bags of pistachios in bins in the aisles, the little corner of the electronic department, and even cow tails. Zac has been looking for cow tails for weeks. He used to like eating them when he was little, and we finally found them at good ol' Shopko!

When we got to our seats in the dollar theater, the movie was about the begin. We held hands for the majority of the time, and I was quite content watching the characters on the screen that I had read about weeks before. It was fantastic, especially since Zac was willing to watch it with me.

The next day, Saturday, we drove up to my hometown, Herriman, to help my brother, Matt, move. When he moved back from San Francisco about a year ago, he and his wife, Stephanie, and son, Aiden, moved into an apartment next to the high school in Herriman. Now they've gone and fond themselves a wonderful, huge, gorgeous house to live in, only a few miles from their apartment. Zac and I helped move things from the apartment to the car, and from the car to the new house. We helped carry things to their appropriate rooms, and we even got to ride in the Uhaul truck! It was a blast. Not to mention the free bagels.

In the process of moving, Daniel did a variety of weird things, which mostly involved laying on beds while posing like a model. It was awkward and funny. A few of my favorite places he found to lay were these: the 15-foot-high ledge in Matt's front room, Matt's queen-sized bed that Daniel set up in the bathroom, one of the six shelves in Matt's family room that frames the fireplace. Later in the day, I got to see Aiden. He's two, and loves me (most days). He calls me May-May. While trying to keep him entertained while Matt cleaned the carpet in his old apartment, all Aiden wanted to do was "jump!" which involves me picking up Aiden while he jumps, to make him jump high, and putting him back down so he can jump again. It goes by pretty fast--I bet one of his jumps is finished in about three seconds. He would grab and hand, lead me to the bathroom (because he liked to watch himself jump in the mirror) and say, "May-May, jump!"

After we helped move, Matt took us out (with my brother, Daniel, too) to Wingers. Matt, Daniel, and Zac orders the Endless Sticky Fingers. Daniel had the glorious plan of hiding a few sticky fingers in the popcorn bowl, which Matt stuck beside him under the table. For every plate of sticky fingers the waiter brought out, the three of them would add a few to their collection. The waiter was onto us, and said, "This is the most sticky fingers I've seen anybody eat!" It was pretty funny, and they had a stock pile of sticky fingers by the end of the meal.



Today, Zac and I went to church. There, we found out that our neighbor, Kristi, was sick. She and her husband, Scott, live in the other basement apartment of the house we're living in. When we found out, we offered to bring them some chili, since we had a whole crock pot full of it at home. I love serving, and hope to do more of it this month and throughout next year.

And since I have no other pictures of the events this weekend, except the two shameful ones of Daniel, please enjoy this picture of my old cat, Holy Santos. I LOVE this kitty.



By the way, did you know I'm a cat person?

1 comment:

  1. That a king's house!
    I loved the cat picture, that's how I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete