Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Trimming the tree

Tonight, we trimmed our very first Christmas Tree. I had this planned for a few days, and work went by so slow today, because all I could think about was going to the store, buying pretty ornaments and rushing home to our little apartment to decorate our tree. We decided on white and gold, mostly because I saw a Christmas tree at Temple Square that had white ornaments, pictured here, and I thought it was really pretty. As we decorated our little tree (that matches our little apartment oh so well), we listened to our old Christmas records, and drank Coca-Cola from their glass bottles. I'm pretty sure that our smiles got bigger, and our eyes lit up a little more for each ornament we hung on that tree of ours. When it came time to put the star on top, we each grabbed an end, and put it on together. It was cheesy, but mostly cute, because we're newlyweds. :)

We also got our very first nativity set (I want to collect these!) from Zac's parents on Sunday (thanks Lyle and Jill!). It's gorgeous, and I love it. We set it up on Sunday night, and all the little Bethlehem people and animals are sitting on top of our bookcase in our living room. I also hung up a wreath the other night--it's a green pine wreath with a red, plaid bow on top. Our apartment is really starting to feel like Christmas, and it gives me a wonderful feeling inside. I think I might just make a paper chain out of green and red paper like I did when I was young, to count down the days to Christmas--I am that excited!

As of tonight, there are 26 days left. I already have some plans of what to do during the 25 Days of Christmas, which include watching the old Christmas cartoons like I did when I was little, and service projects--both big and small. Zac told me tonight that he wished there was somewhere cozy and quiet where we could go to get hot chocolate somewhere close in this town of Provo, so maybe we'll go on a quest to find a place like that, too.



By the way, don't mind the picture in the 6th picture from the top... We got that frame for our wedding from the wonderful Shanny, and we haven't gotten around to putting one of our pictures in it. In fact, I'm pretty sure that 95% of all the frames in our apartment are not filled. So, we need to go get some pictures printed. Merry Christmas in 26 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment